All at Bateaux London strive to offer the best in customer service and experience. In our daily lives we live our values to improve the daily life of those we serve, through strong teamwork, finding every opportunity for improvement.
We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local and regional environment. We are committed to reducing any harm that this may cause and our green policy is to constantly look for ways in which we can improve; our Corporate steering group explores ways to achieve our statement promises.
We make a firm and ongoing commitment to work towards:
- Sustainable Procurement: from FAIRTRADE tea and coffee to sourcing products from the local region, reducing carbon emissions through the use of consolidated deliveries and moving to more environmentally friendly packaging and disposals.
- Making London a better place to work, live and visit: we have a workplace travel plan and encourage our guests and supply partners to review their journeys.
- Following Best Practice: Bateaux London is accredited by VAQAS and is working with Green Tourism for London. We recognise the importance of and are working towards BS8901. We will comply with all applicable environmental legislation.
- Engaging all: we start from the ground up, educating colleagues and encouraging guests.
- Reducing our impact: reducing waste, reusing materials at every opportunity, repairing rather than throwing away where appropriate, and recycling.
- Continual improvement: setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets to minimise waste of raw materials and energy.
- A positive impact: Community Concern sets standards of behaviour that are designed to make our impact on society both positive and productive. We make a public commitment to continually improve our role in society.
Bateaux London will consistently and continually work to improve it's impact on the environment, contributing to a sustainable society.