Bateaux London - Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions - important information to know
The dress code for our dinner cruises is smart/formal and we can kindly request guests to dress appropriately. Trainers, flip-flops, shorts and leisurewear are not permitted and you will be refused entry on to the boat. For men, a jacket and a pair of trousers, or smart dark denim jeans are allowed, and a tie is preferred, but not essential. We suggest that ladies can wear smart or cocktail dresses, or trousers..... just get dressed up and enjoy the occasion!
The dress code for our lunch, Sunday lunch and tea cruises is smart casual. Sportswear is discouraged and entry to the vessel is at our discretion.
Fancy dress and swimwear are not permitted at any time.
Please check each cruise menu for information on dietary requirement variations. We are able to cater for most dietary requirements on board, however please make your requirements known at the time of booking so that we may advise accordingly. Please note all menus are subject to change.
We offer extra touches for your special occasions and would be delighted to arrange flowers or Champagne. Please contact our Reservations department for more information or to pre-book your additional items. Please allow 5 days for flower orders
Before your cruise
Please ensure that you thoroughly check the details within your e-ticket and notify our Reservations Department by calling 020 7695 1800 or emailing email@example.com if there are any discrepancies. Please quote your booking reference number on all communications this can be found within your e-ticket.
We will advise you of any changes to your booking via email, therefore please continue to check for any updates regularly.
If you are redeeming a gift voucher in exchange for this cruise, it is essential that you bring your gift voucher on the day of your cruise. If you are unable to provide the gift voucher we reserve the right to charge you for this booking at reception.
On the day of your cruise
Please make your way to Bateaux London’s reception area to collect your boarding card. This will be issued to you in exchange for a gift voucher (if appropriate) or your E-ticket.
We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the time stated on your e-ticket.
We are unable to delay the boat departure or return for guests that have missed the boarding time. Late arrivals for the cruise will NOT be offered a refund and re-scheduling of your cruise is at our discretion.
Bateaux London is based at Embankment Pier. Embankment Pier Victoria Embankment London, WC2N 6NU
Bateaux London is across the road from Embankment Underground Station and a short walk from Charing Cross National Rail Station.
Your cruise will take place on board the vessel stipulated on your e-ticket. Bateaux London does however reserve the right to substitute with another vessel if deemed necessary.
Children’s price is available for those aged between 3-12 years. Children under the age of 3 years are not permitted on board for health and safety reasons. Space is limited on our boats so prams bassinets and pushchairs are not permitted on our vessels. Highchairs are not available. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on our Dinner Cruise.
No refund will be offered for cancellations which fall outside the following stipulated notice periods: Groups of 1 - 9 guests: We require a minimum of 48 hours notice in order to offer a full refund. Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the cruise will incur 100% cancellation fee.
Groups of 10 -20 guests: We require a minimum notice period of 8 days to offer a full refund on cancellation; between 7 and 2 days in advance, a 25% Charge will apply to cancellation or any number reductions. Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the cruise will incur 100% cancellation fee.
Groups of 21 – 60 guests: For parties of 21 or more we require 15 days notice to offer a full refund; between 14 and 8 days prior to the cruise date a 30% Charge will apply to cancellation or any number reductions. Less than 7 days prior to the cruise will incur 100% cancellation fee.
Private Charters and Large Groups (a Booking containing more than 60 passengers) No cancellation charges if a booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the Event Date. 50% charge will apply for cancellations and any number reductions received between 30 and 15 days prior to the Event Date. 100% charge will apply for any cancellations and number reductions received less than 15 days prior to the Event Date. No refunds will be offered for cancellations with less than 1 month's notice provided.
For Special Event cruises, such as Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve Cruises, different terms and conditions apply so please refer to your confirmation details.
Bookings and Payments
Booking and payment are required in advance. All published rates and schedules are valid 1st April-31st March. Bateaux London reserves the right to amend and withdraw prices and services outside of the dates published above.
Bateaux London retains the right to refuse boarding for safety reasons. Bathrooms on board are accessed by stairs only on the Symphony. Smoking is permitted on designated outside decks only. Prices, piers, menus, boats, schedules, contents and routes are subject to availability and change. During cruises, photography and filming for our own use may take place. No alcohol may be removed from the boats.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 020 7695 1800, quoting your booking reference number.
Coca Cola London Eye Tickets
If you have chosen to include an Coca Cola Energy London Eye experience within your cruise package, these tickets will be issued to you along with your boarding pass. Alternatively you are welcome to collect your London Eye tickets from Bateaux London’s reception from 1100hrs on the day of your cruise. Please avoid the time from 1130hrs to 1230hrs as it is busy due to lunch cruise boarding.
Coca Cola Energy London Eye tickets are not only valid for the date of your cruise, you may choose to take your London Eye experience at a later date or time, please ensure that you check your expiry date at the time of issue. Please note that you do not need to make a reservation for your London Eye flight; simply join the queue with your tickets. Coca Cola Energy London Eye tickets are available for standard ticket entry and are not valid for fast track on the day of your experience.
If you are planning to travel on our Dinner Cruise we DO NOT recommend boarding the London Eye after 5pm as you could miss the boat departing.
Services and safety
1. We reserve the right, when necessary, to alter or withdraw on board services and facilities.
2. For your own safety and the safety of others, you must follow instructions given by our crew when on board our vessels.
3. For safety reasons smoking is permitted on designated outside deck areas only.
4. The crew may refuse to carry any passengers, or direct any passenger to disembark, where the behaviour of that passenger is liable to cause nuisance or offence to the other passengers or put at risk the safety of the passenger, other passengers, crew or vessel.
5. The Company will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay to any persons or their possessions whilst embarking or disembarking from the vessel or during the cruise which may arise from or be in any way connected with any act, omission or negligence of any person employed by the Company.
6. The Company will not be liable for death or personal injury to any persons resulting from any act or omission other than the Company's negligence.
Bookings and Reservations
1. You must have a confirmed reservation, which is valid for the date and package booked with a Bateaux London six digit reference code.
2. Children under the age of five are discouraged on Lunch, Sunday Lunch Jazz and Afternoon Tea cruises. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on Dinner Cruises. Prams, bassinets and pushchairs are not permitted on our vessels. Highchairs are not available.
3. If you book a reservation with a credit or debit card to which you do not have legal right, the reservation will be invalid.
4. Whilst we try to ensure that all information, particularly times and prices, displayed on our websites are accurate errors may occur. If we discover an error in a price you have purchased, we will try to inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of either reconfirming your purchase at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you for any reason, we reserve the right to treat the purchase as cancelled.
5. If you present a mis-priced reservation, we reserve the right to withdraw the booking, cancel it and refuse cruising unless and until another reservation has been purchased at the correct price for the intended cruise product. Cancellation under any of these circumstances will entitle you to a full refund of any sums you have paid.
6. A dress code applies on dinner cruises - Smart formal dress is required. Both ladies and gentlemen are asked to dress in a manner appropriate to a smart formal occasion. Gentlemen are encouraged to wear a shirt and tie with a jacket or suit. Trainers and leisurewear are not permitted on board. Bateaux London reserves the right to refuse entry based on inappropriate attire and refunds will not be offered in such circumstances.
Replacement tickets, refunds and compensation
1. We do not accept liability for any loss resulting from our failure to provide an advertised service, or where delay occurs to those services, for any reason.
2. Refunds will not be granted other than under the terms and conditions stated when booking.
3. Any refunds agreed will be made entirely at our discretion and without prejudice.
4. Our boats depart promptly at 12.30hrs for our public lunch cruise, 15.30hrs for our afternoon tea cruise and 20.00hrs for our public dinner cruise. We cannot return to the pier for any late guests. We do not offer a pick-up service at any other points. We are unable to offer a refund or an alternative date if you were to miss your cruise.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any access requirements, such as wheelchairs. Due to the tight space of the pier we advise using a manual wheelchair but this can be talked about in more detail with the Reservations Team.
Toilets are accessed via stairs on the Symphony, but the Harmony vessel has a ground level, wheelchair accessible toilet on board. An access statement for Bateaux London is available upon request.
Luggage, belongings and animals
1. For safety reasons, and for the comfort of passengers, we have to restrict the amount and type of luggage, including pushchairs and shopping trolleys, that you can take with you on our vessels. We do not accept responsibility for any luggage, belongings or animals brought on board. If you bring any such items on board they remain your responsibility at all times.
2. You may not take on board hazardous or flammable substances.
3. We reserve the right to restrict the carriage of any luggage and to refuse permission to take any item on to vessels.
4. We do not accept responsibility for any luggage, belongings or animals brought on board. If you bring any such items on board they remain your responsibility at all times.
1. We deal with lost property in accordance with our lost property procedures, which are available for inspection on request.
2. If you find any lost property on our vessels or facilities, do not touch it but please alert a crew member immediately.
3. If we think unattended property may be a security threat, the police or security services may be called to attend and the item(s) may be destroyed.
Bateaux London Cloakroom Policy
The Cloakroom is for the use of Bateaux London customers on a given date so that property may be stored in a convenient, secure and safe location during the cruise. The customer is given a ticket with a number on it, which corresponds to the ticket placed on the customer's property. It is the customer's responsibility to look after this ticket once it is in their possession. Bateaux London accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage that occurs from a ticket being lost. No property will be handed back with out a ticket.
Any property lost or damaged that has not been handed in to the cloakroom is the individual's responsibility and Bateaux London is not liable whatsoever for any loss or damage that occurs from the property not being handed in.
Lost Property will be given to charity if left unclaimed for three months. PLEASE CLAIM FOR LOST PROPERTY BETWEEN 10am -4pm Monday to Friday.
These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions or any dispute arising in relation to the website whether in contract or tort or otherwise the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.
Information we may collect from you
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways: - To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. - To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. - To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. - To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. - To notify you about changes to our service. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by mail or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means or by mail if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]).
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting email@example.com . Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
New Year's Eve cancellation policy
No cancellation charge will be enforced up until 30 days prior to the cruise. 50% cancellation charge if cancelled between 30 and 15 days prior to the cruise. 100% cancellation charge if cancelled within 15 days of the cruise.
If you would like a PDF of the full Terms and Conditions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the cruise you will be travelling on.