Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are thinking of buying a gift voucher or have bought one already, we have outlined answers to questions that are sometimes asked. If you are not able to find the information you require, please do get in touch with us.
Please call our Reservations team on +44 (0) 1753 202 302 to book with your voucher. Vouchers cannot be redeemed online.
If you have any voucher for a Bateaux Windsor cruise, the voucher must be presented at reception upon boarding. Failure to present a valid voucher may mean that you forfeit your place on the cruise. Bateaux Windsor reserves the right to refuse entry if a valid voucher is not presented on the day.
Gifts vouchers can be purchased for Bateaux Windsor Cruise Experiences. Please visit our Gift Vouchers page to select your gift and purchase.
When you place an order for a gift experience voucher it will be sent out in plain packaging by your chosen delivery method. Inside is a voucher pack containing the following;
- An individually produced and personalised voucher with details of the experience and all the information necessary to make your booking
- River Thames guide map
- A presentation pack for the voucher
- For orders placed on a working day (Monday - Friday, excluding bank holidays) before 12 noon, the order will be despatched the same day.
- For orders placed on a working day after 12 noon, the order will be dispatched the next working day.
- We use Royal Mail to deliver your order.
- Please note that Postage and Packaging is not included in the gift voucher prices; supplements apply for 1st class, special and overseas deliveries (outside the United Kingdom).
- The following mailing options are available to customers ordering from the UK:
- UK 1st class delivery - standard Royal Mail UK 1st class delivery service.
- Please then allow 2 working days for the voucher to be delivered by Royal Mail.
- UK Special delivery - standard Royal Mail UK Special delivery.
- This will be tracked by Royal Mail and requires a signature from the recipient.
- Special Delivery guarantees receipt of the vouchers by 1pm on the next working day (not weekends).
- Please make sure that you (or the Recipient) are available to sign for the delivery otherwise it will be returned to the sorting office for collection. Please note that if you place an order on a Friday before 12 noon, Royal Mail will not guarantee delivery on Saturday but will guarantee delivery by Monday.
- Please allow seven days for delivery during peak postal time.
- There is no dispatch or delivery on UK bank holidays and weekend.
- Please note that delivery is by Royal Mail therefore we cannot be held responsible for delays caused by the postal system.
- Airmail - standard Royal Mail Airmail delivery. This should be selected for any overseas gift voucher orders.
- International Signed For - standard Royal Mail Recorded Overseas delivery. As with UK Special delivery the delivery is recorded and a signature is required upon delivery.
- If you use International Signed For with Airmail delivery Royal Mail has a target time of within three working days to Western Europe, four working days to Eastern Europe and five working days for the rest of the world. By Surface mail, it may take up to two weeks for Western Europe, four weeks for Eastern Europe, and up to eight weeks elsewhere.
- If your item is not delivered, please allow up to 25 days after posting before you consider it lost. This is because your item may have been held in customs or be in the process of being returned to sender if it could not be delivered for some reason.
- An Post is used for customers ordering from Ireland: Standard Post, Express Post (Ireland) and Standard Post (International) to UK are available.
- Email - An automatic email with a gift voucher link will be sent as soon as the transaction is completed. This can be sent to either the purchaser or the recipient.
N.B. This is a system generated email and therefore may go to the email recipient's junk or spam email folder. Please also take care when entering email address that it is correct. If an email delivery fails we will attempt to contact you to advise that the email has been returned to us 'undelivered' and will try to get another email address. If you have difficulty opening your gift voucher link please see below.
Once your order has been processed by us (for orders placed on a working day (Monday - Friday excluding Bank Holidays before 12 noon, the order will be dispatched the same day. For orders placed on a working day after 12 noon, the voucher will be dispatched the next working day), we then rely on Royal Mail to deliver the gift voucher. Order stage to delivery can take between 1 - 6 days depending on when the gift voucher order is processed and the delivery method selected. Please see 'What delivery option should I choose?' (above) for more information on delivery options.
If you have not received your order 3 -4 days after placing it, please contact us. We may need to cancel your original order and issue you with a new gift voucher. In this situation we would ask you to destroy the original voucher if it is eventually received as it will no longer be valid.
You can cancel your order at any point by selecting the 'Cancel Order' button however if you have completed the transaction and realise that you've made a mistake or purchased a gift voucher(s) that you no longer want we will be happy to refund your card (provided the transaction has taken place within the last 7 days and subject to the individual hotel's terms and conditions) and cancel the gift voucher order. Please contact us to arrange this.
Simply 'Add to Order' as many gift vouchers as you like by using the 'Continue browsing' button. You can also remove items from your order by using the 'Delete' button. If you would like to purchase more than one of the same type of gift voucher simply click on the 'Duplicate' button when in your basket.
You can select different delivery addresses, recipients and personal messages for each of the vouchers in your order. Please follow the on-screen instructions.
There could be several reasons why this may be happening. Despite there being sufficient funds in an account banks occasionally decline payments due to it being unusual buying behaviour. This can be easily rectified by contacting the bank and advising them that you are trying to make an online purchase.
Yes. Please contact us directly quoting your gift voucher reference number and we will make the necessary amendments and re-issue the gift voucher. The original gift voucher should then be destroyed as it will no longer be valid. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the presentation of your gift voucher please contact us immediately so that we rectify the situation.
Yes. Occasionally the person buying the gift voucher may ask for the gift vouchers to be sent to the recipient directly but forget to add who the gift is from. We have all of the buyers details stored on our system so we can easily retrieve your order and tell you who purchased the gift voucher.
You can redeem your voucher online at www.bateaux-windsor.com/gift-vouchers/redeem or by calling our reservations team on 01753 202 302. Please have your voucher with you as you will need the booking reference to redeem your voucher.
All vouchers carry a validity of 10 months; however it may be possible for to extend the validity of your gift voucher, although this cannot guarantee this. Please contact our reservations team on 01753 202 302 to request an extension.
Unless otherwise specified under the terms and conditions of your voucher, we should be able to retrieve your gift voucher on our system by carrying out a name search so please contact us. Alternatively if you would like another gift voucher issued we can cancel the original and issue another one.
Exchanging your voucher for another cruise experience is possible by contacting the reservations team on 01753 202 302.
Yes. Please contact the reservations team on 01753 202 302 to discuss upgrades.
Yes, Bateaux London can supply a VAT receipt or a VAT invoice.
Experience vouchers are fully refundable within 60 days of receipt. Please note that we can only refund the card of the original purchaser of the gift and we cannot refund an order past this 60 day period.